Shoal Bay Scuba (Karma Charters) Limited – Trading as the “Scuba Shack”
Terms and Conditions.
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY VAILD FOR ALL BOOKINGS: (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Due to the exclusive service that we provide, Payment is required in advance to confirm your booking. Any cancellation or changes to your confirmed reservation can affect the efficiency of our business operations therefore you are entitled to a full refund only where you cancel 48 hours prior to your confirmed booking. Please Note: ALL No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours prior will result being charged in full for your booking without exception. In the event you have multiple days booked, you are only entitled to a refund where you cancel 48 hours prior to the confirmed date and time of the first booking.
DIVING AS A CERTIFIED DIVER ON SCHEDULED DIVING:
It’s required to upload a copy of your certification card prior to arriving for your scheduled activity, this is a requirement to be allowed on our
vessel on our scheduled one or two tank dives. If you do not have your card or unsure where it is please ensure to contact us prior to 48hrs before your booking as failure to be able to prove certification on the day of your booking, will result in you not being able to dive and forfeiture of your dive and will result in you being charged in full for your booking without exception.
TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY PADI INSTRUCTION:
You are required to complete a Medical and liability release, if you have any medical conditions or our on prescription medication. You should download the form for your doctor to complete and approve that you are fit and able to dive.
ONCE PADI INSTRUCTION HAS BEGUN:
Due to allocation of instructors, should you fail to show up for an appointment or request a change of date and/or time less than 48 hrs prior to the confirmed date and/or time for any part of your PADI instruction, we reserve the right to charge an additional $500.00 USD, rescheduling fee per person, additionally to the cost of the course.
NON CERTIFIED DIVER CAMERAS USE:
It is both a PADI and RTSC (Recreational Scuba Training Council) standard not to allow students or the instructors conducting a PADI Discover Scuba, PADI Scuba Diver or PADI Open Water course to use any form of camera equipment; including hands-free cameras like “GoPro” while diving, as your safety is the primary concern. Certified divers however may use camera equipment if they desire at any time.
ELIGIBILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES:
- Certified divers must upload proof of certification prior to the start of the excursion to dive as a certified diver.
- We do not carry life vests for children under two years of age, so we recommend that children under 2 do not come on our vessel.
- We do no recommend women more than 5 months pregnant come on our vessels as we are an open vessel and it can be rough.
- We also reserve the right to not allow any persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol on our vessels.
- Once the charter has begun any consumption of alcohol, will mean you are no longer allowed to DIVE.
- Prior to all activities, all persons must complete & submit an online release form.
- Scheduled Excursions: Please arrive at our Scuba Shack located at Roys Bayside Grill in Sandy Ground, 20 minutes prior to you booking, the
vessel will only wait 15 mins past scheduled departure before leaving without you and you will charged in full.
- Private Charters: Your booking starts at your confirmed start time, if you are late, it will deducted from your allotted time.
DIVE & SNORKEL SITES:
- We do our best to accommodate ever diver or snorkelers preference for a site, but sites are chosen on that day by the Scuba Shack, based on
weather, diver ability, preference of persons aboard and safety. As such, we cannot promise or guarantee any site or location as some sites are
very weather dependent.
- Rates are per person in USD
- Offered weekdays, Monday through Friday (excluding public holidays)
- There is a 2-person minim for all scheduled activities, if less than two persons booked on any given activity, we will offer to move your
booking to an alternate date or a refund, if we cannot offer an alternate date that works for you
FLYING AFTER DIVING
- Required to wait a minimum of 12 hrs. after a single tank dive, or 18 hrs. after a single tank dive on multiple days or a 2 tank dive, prior to flying.
ALL PRICES ARE IN USD